Microsoft continues its fight with Google over whose search engine is better, this time with an attempt to convince users to dump the Mountain View-based company on Valentine’s Day.
Microsoft claims that one in 10 people say February means the end for relationships gone bad, so this is the right time to give Google the boot.
“This year Bing is challenging people to reconsider their search habit and break up with Google. You wouldn’t keep dating someone who isn’t trustworthy, so why use a search engine known for serving its interests over your own?” Microsoft said in a press release.
The company then goes on to showcase some of the most important features of the Bing search engine, trying to show everyone that it’s better than Google.
“Bing treats you right. Whether you’re shopping for gifts for your sweetheart, looking to plan a singles night out or finding tips for a great date night, try Bing this Valentine’s Day and avoid getting burned,” the company added.
- Not all is fair in love and search. Whether you’re searching for a cuddly teddy bear or a diamond bracelet for your sweetheart, Google Shopping displays ads only from merchants that pay for ranking. Bing offers honest results so you get the best deals from across the Web.
- Bing takes the initiative. Bing’s Snapshot feature includes one-click access for booking reservations or buying tickets so you have more time for doing and spend less time searching.
- Bing keeps you and your friends connected. Skip search engines that keep you locked in their system and isolated from your friends. Bing brings all your friends from Facebook into its social search and leverages experts and enthusiasts from Twitter. Just last month there were new updates to the social sidebar, which mean even more available content from your Facebook friends right within your search. Looking for a fun, new restaurant for a night out with your single friends? A quick search on Bing will show you not only great Web results but also which friends have liked those search results and posted status updates, comments, photos and more about them, so you can easily find out if they are right for you.
- Bing won’t spoil your sweetheart’s surprise. Just one click on “History Off” allows you to search in peace while you’re looking for gift ideas and more. Bing gives you the same trust you give it.
- Bing showers you with tokens of affection. Just for searching, Bing Rewards lets you earn Amazon and Starbucks gift cards, free Xbox LIVE and Hulu Plus subscriptions, and even donations to charities. How can you say no to that?
Let Bing show you the love this Valentine’s Day. Need more convincing? Click and choose which Web results you prefer by participating in the Bing It On Challenge, available athttp://www.bingiton.com.