Today, let’s take a look at which browser in the world is best in performance, plugins etc & on top of all, it should be open source. As we all know that Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox are dominating when it comes to browser. So now its time to know which one is best.
My outlook of Chrome:
Google Chrome is a complete open source browser and it is developed by Google. It was first released as a beta version for windows platform on September 2, 2008, and then after a stable public release on December 11, 2008. Then chrome started to dominate the browser world. As of November 2012, according to StatCounter, Google Chrome had 35% worldwide usage share of web browsers making it the most widely used web browser.
- First of all, Google chrome is awesomely super fast, it opens in a less than a second, but not more than 1 second.
- Loading of pages is also very fast.
- Opening multiple tabs doesn’t affect the speed or performance of other opened applications or speed of loading pages. Believe me guys, minimum i will open more than 10 or 15 tabs or even more while i browse in very much in interest, but i never experienced anything wrong.
- When google first released chrome, everyone said there is not much plug-in & add-on, but now the situation turned around completely. Tons and Tons of plugins & add-on are now available.
My outlook of Firefox:
Mozilla Firefox is a also complete open source browser and it is developed by Mozilla corporation. It was first released on september 9, 2004. As of October 2012, Firefox has approximately 24 % of worldwide usage share of web browsers, and which makes it as second most widely used web broswser in the world. According to Mozilla, Firefox counts with over 450 million users around the world.
- When it comes to surfing the pages in internet, its is quiet good and i admit it is as fast as chrome in speed.
- When you first open the firefox, it will take atleast 2 seconds to open up.
- If we add too much tabs, and keep on browsing, you might have noticed the fall of speed, switching b/w tabs will be slow, page loads slowly.
- Add too much tabs, Performance will decrease.
- Having opened too much tabs, it will affect the speed of other opened applications also because firefox takes too much memory.
So, which one is at TOP ??
- If we consider security, both the browser are too good. This is one of the reason why these browsers are dominating the browser world.
- Both browsers having built-in Embedded memory in it. When you accidentally or by some other reason you didn’t shutdown the system properly, then when you open up the browser, both browser will provide Restore Session option which will restore all the tabs when the system accidentally shut down’ed.
- Plug-ins are quite good with both the browser.
- So, when it comes to speed & performance, Firefox falls back a little lot. So GOOGLE CHROME IS BEST OPEN SOURCE BROWSER.
- Let Google Chrome be your primary Browser, & Firefox be your secondary browser.
Choose your browser download now.
Leave your suggestion in comments !!