Registry Editor is a kind of database which stores all types of microsoft windows configuration and settings. So if you guys really become quite good in playing with the registry editor, then you can find lot & lots of tweaks, tricks, etc. But(very big but) if you guys change something in registry editor without knowing to your knowledge, then it could produce a major problems in the computers.
You might be a good player in playing with registry editor, but if your system is multi-user system, then other person might be a novice player, & he could do some minor change in registry editor, then it could result in major problems. So its better to stay on safer side. Let’s learn how to disable access to Registry Editor. Just Follow below Steps
- Press Win Key + R to open up Run dialog box.
- Type gpedit.msc & click OK.
- Now expand to following path in left pane. User Configuration-> Administrative Templates. Now Click on System folder in left pane.
- Double click on “Prevent Access to registry editing tools” on right side.
- A new dialog box will pop up. In that, just click on “Enabled” Option button & Save changes by hitting OK.
- That’s it. If someone try to access Registry Editor, A following error will pop up.
- If you want to enable it again, just click on “Not Configure” option button which you can see it 2nd screenshot.
Well, now you learned how to stay safe with registry editor. Go ahead & try it.
Any problems, do leave a comment. !!